Like Jamaica, the jewel in the Caribbean crown tentatively seeks to open up to the world in 2022 and beyond, British-born businessman, Toussaint Davy, has sought to capitalise on the island’s international embrace of quality food and will launch the JamaicaDeli Foodies & Wellness Retreat on January 11-17, 2021.
The food activity and operations hub will take place at Charela Inn on the sands of Negril’s world-famous 7-Mile Beach. Charela Inn will stand as an international beacon to food enthusiasts keen to explore the ongoing gastronomic revolution that has taken over the island in recent years.
Of the event, Davy states, “Jamaica is world-renowned for its impact on global culture. Whether it’s music, fashion, or art – we excel at all things that we turn our hands to. Our food is no different.
“Anyone who’s been paying attention will know that the gastronomic food revolution here continues apace. Not only is Jamaica the home of Jerk, rice and peas, and ackee and saltfish to name many other delicious dishes, but increasingly, ital (plant-based) offerings from notable artisan producers from the South to the North coast have helped carve out a name for serious foodies seeking to find a safe haven for their palates. We’re excited and hope that this inaugural Retreat will be the first of many.”
As an exclusive gastronomic surprise for all paying guests, internationally-renowned and Michelin (Two-Star Rated) Chef Jason Howard will also be on-site serving up culinary magic with a nightly exquisite five-course Gallic-inspired meal.
With Charela Inn as a base for food operations and munch-oriented events, the inaugural JamaicaDeli Foodies & Wellness Retreat is set to become a regular fixture on the international annual foodie calendar. Le Vendome, the on-site restaurant and its owner, Daniel Grizzle, was recently featured in the UK’s prestigious Powerlist 2022, Great Britain’s annual guide to the top Black Briton movers and shakers.
Of the event, Mr Grizzle continues: “Having owned and run the Charela Inn for over 40 years, I am pleased that we finally have an event on the horizon celebrating the food my late wife, Sylvie, my family, and I have such a deep love of. With Chef Howard doing justice to many well-known French dishes, we are excited to see what he serves up nightly to our Retreat guests in his own unique style.”
Open to local and global foodies alike and with an all-inclusive cost attractive to international visitors starting at US$2400.
30 fortunate foodies will experience:
– Chef Jason Howard, Michelin (Two Star-rated culinary genius) curating a nightly exquisite five-course meal. Made in Le Vendome’s bespoke kitchen, all dishes will be faithfully inspired by French cuisine and leave your tastebuds wanting for more.
– Tour to the world-famous Joy Spence Appleton Rum Experience in St Elizabeth
– Artisan Chocolate Workshops by an international award-winning chocolatier
– World exclusive sugarcane-based cocktail creation sessions curated by Toussaint Davy of Jamaica Cold-Pressed Juices
– A beachside Paint & Sip session with Negril as your subject. Led by one of Jamaica’s best-known up-and-coming contemporary portrait artists.
– Keynote presentation on the history of Charela Inn by the proprietor, Mr Daniel Grizzle, recipient of Jamaica’s Order of Distinction 2021, and his daughter, Sophie Roumel Grizzle.
– Exclusive Wellness sessions by one of the Caribbean’s top-rated Pilates and Yoga Instructors.
Attendees will receive:
– Seven nights accommodation at Charela Inn, Negril
– A minimum of two daily meals for the duration of their stay – breakfast and five-course dinner.
– Entrance to all group activities is free with transportation to and fro and included in the price of The Retreat
– A Free Gourmet and Grooming Goodie bag on arrival at Charela Inn.
An Early Bird booking discount offer runs until November 18, 2021. All interested attendees are asked to sign up and email NegrilFoodies@gmail.com for further information or click here.
The JamaicaDeli Foodies & Wellness Retreat at Charela Inn, Negril, Jamaica in Association with Jamaica Cold-Pressed Juices & LuxuryJA will run from 11-17, January 2022